Thursday, January 29, 2009

The night before...

Tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out. Logically, realistically, I'm pretty sure it'll go fine, and at worst I'll be in some pain and discomfort for the next few days. I still have those moments of, well, irrationality, but what will happen will happen, and I have absolutely no control over that. At all, actually. So that's nice.

Anyway, I sent myself an email to my hotmail account with some things from work that I could work on tomorrow or this weekend if I'm up to it. Chances are I wouldn't get to it anyway, but for some reason, the email didn't get to me. It's very annoying. (I hope I didn't accidentally send it to someone else somehow, but I know I checked that a few times before I sent it.) it's annoying to the point that I'm considering leaving early tomorrow before my appointment to go send it to myself again. We'll see if I actually do that. (I guess what I'm really concerned about is checking to make sure I didn't accidentally send it somewhere else. Even though I know I didn't.) I just don't like it when things don't work the way I expect them to, you know? Like emails being sent. Actually, I think this happened to me once before, trying to send something from my work email with things from my work computer to my home email so I could do something at home. I blame Hotmail.

Anyway. I was looking at puppies online tonight. And last night. And...other times this week. I can't help it. I miss my puppy. So much. I want her back. Of course I'd pick her over any other cute puppy I could get right now. Obviously. But I can't have her back, ever, never, and that's just the way it is. Nothing I can do will change that. But I can change my dog-less-ness. Well, I mean, to an extent. I don't know. I really do think that a new puppy will help me. But I don't know. I just want Hazel back, and that'll make everything better, and I won't be in this situation. I keep looking at puppies, and hoping one of them will be Hazel. But because they're just pictures and not really the puppies themselves, none of them are really good enough at this point. I have to meet one to fall in love. But I still just wish I could have Hazel.

Sigh.

This would all be resolved (not really, but in a perfect world, or not so perfect, because dogs make things so great regardless of other things) if some great guy would just show up and sweep me off my feet. Is that too much to ask for?

(Apparently, puppy love is my replacement for a lack of a love life.) (Obviously not to say that I wouldn't continue loving or wanting a dog if I were, inexplicably, to get a boyfriend tomorrow.) (But it might be distracting enough that I'd be ok without a dog for awhile.) (I can't really say, though, never really having that experience, mostly.) (The end result of all this is that I want Hazel. And since I can't have her, sigh, I want a new puppy to love and cuddle and have it love me.)

The end.

(Prayers for quick and easy wisdom teeth removal and recovery appreciated!)

No comments: