People who think increased access to birth control will lead to fewer abortions really have a thing or two to learn.
Anyway. Today we got a new president. President Obama. First black president, which is of course great and all. Historic. I just can't get excited about him, knowing where he stands on the most important of issues. Knowing that tomorrow my tax dollars will start funding abortions not only in this country, but around the world. How many children will never be born because Obama became our president today? We'll probably never know the answer to that, but I know it'll be more than none, and that is simply too many. I'm not saying McCain would necessarily have been much better, but I can say almost with certainty that he would not have reversed the Mexico City Policy his first day in office. And we certainly wouldn't have to be worrying that FOCA will be passed soon.
Today, as always, Obama kept talking about "hope". What does that mean? What hope do the millions of babies aborted in this country and abroad have? What hope do pro-lifers have in a president who has promised to undo everything we've worked for in the last 35 years? He wants us to unite in hope over conflict and discord. Yet I don't think he cares about the conflict that has been going on in this country since 73. He doesn't care that his policies will do nothing to unite the country. Maybe he'll surprise us all, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for that day.
After he was sworn in today, the headline at cnn.com said "Obama raises hand, lifts a nation." I feel very heavy-hearted today, sad for the countles babies who won't even get a chance to take a breath in this nation that is now led by President Obama. Talk about "hope" and "change" and "healthcare" all you want. This country is rotting from the inside out, and those buzzwords aren't going to fix it. All the healthcare in the world and access to birth control, sex ed, and abortion certainly aren't going to fix it. Magically fixing the economy isn't going to heal what's really wrong with this country. And no one seems to realize that.
So, good luck, Obama. Who knows, maybe we'll witness a miracle during your presidency.
No comments:
Post a Comment