Teeth removed - four.
Pieces of gauze used - many.
Prescription painkiller ingested - one (which was then thrown up later, probably before it was fully dissolved/digested).
Ibuprofens ingested - six (going with those in case the painkiller was part of the reason for the throwing up).
Food consumed - not enough. (Most of a little cup of apple sauce and part of a pint of ice cream I was given by the surgeon's office.)
Movies "watched" thus far - Love Actually, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Much Ado About Nothing. (I dozed on and off through the first, slept through a lot of the second, and wasn't really conscious for about half of the third. So far.)
All in all it's been an interesting day. I'm pretty sure that I was put into a wheelchair for the trip to the car, but I can barely remember it. Weird. The sedation stuff was weird. I got in the little room, the doctor put an IV in my arm, I remembered to ask before the stuff hit me for the prescription to be something other than vicodin, they put the chair back, the assistant had me open my mouth and put this thing between my teeth to keep my mouth open, and right as she was doing that I started feeling very lightheaded, and that's all I remember. I seem to remember partially becoming conscious again as he was still working, but it was brief and obviously didn't hurt or anything, so whatever. Then the assistant woke me up a little later and said it was time to go home. All told, including 15-20 minutes I was in the waiting room beforehand, I was in the building for an hour. Not too bad. Came home and sat on the couch and promptly fell asleep for a couple hours. It's been an exciting day, haha. The worst part is the intermittent light-headedness I've been experiencing all day, which I'm mostly blaming on the anesthesia. Letting myself fall asleep has usually helped. The pain thus far hasn't been terrible. It's not comfortable to open my mouth very widely, and I'm worried about the cuts getting infected or getting dry socket (which I keep wanting to call dry rot), but right now I'm feeling pretty great because I don't feel light-headed. (I just woke up again a bit ago.) So, yippee and yay, and I'll take pain over head things.
Anyway. Hopefully the worst is over. I can't wait to eat regular food again. And, even more, to be able to eat food without worrying it's getting stuck places...
Hey, at least I can hear better than I've been able to in who knows how long! The thing yesterday went fine, and they got out a surprising amount of wax (gross), and even though I had been able to hear fairly well all week, now I definitely can, and even better than before, I'm sure. It's fantastic.
All that said, I really can't wait for January to be over. I've never liked Januaries that much, and this year has quite cemented that feeling. It's been a pretty craptastic January, really. So. Bring on February (and its symmetrical-ness - exactly four weeks long! Gotta love that).
3 comments:
I'm sorry you're suffering from big swollen gums with holes in them! I wouldn't mind having an excuse to eat all that ice cream, though.
Tell me--did you like Love Actually? Some of my friends really enjoyed and others said it should have been called Lust Actually. ;)
I do like it (Love Actually), but it is a lot more...well, it has more objectionable content than I'd like. I think when I first saw it I wasn't as strict about the kinds of movies I've watched, and if I were to see it now for the first time, I might not really enjoy it. So I don't know. I guess I figure since I've already seen it so many times, it doesn't really matter, which probably isn't true...
Wow, and I thought I was a sad story with 1 tooth being pulled. And I am still whining about that!
Get better soon!
Post a Comment