Tuesday, January 13, 2009

20 Years Later...

On this date in 1989, the Oppelt family packed up and moved across the country from Lowell, Massachusetts to this lovely, lightning-prone town of Colorado Springs. 20 years, three cats, five dogs, a canary, some lizards, hamsters, guinea pigs, hermit crabs, and maybe a horny toad or two (for like, a couple hours each), not to mention two spouses and two kids, later, here we are.

Sadly, I didn't get a group picture of the whole family tonight. (Or...ever.) We really have to do that next time we're all together. We didn't get one on Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or any of the...six? birthdays we've celebrated in the last three months. Oh, well I guess Peter wasn't here for a chunk of those. But still. Anyway. We have to do that. Oh, and also, Hazel is slightly...off topic, picture-wise, but look how cute! And my nephews are both hams. Seriously. Haha. I do have pictures of everyone from dinner tonight, but other than the kids they're pretty much all candids and thus...not great. oh well.

Yay Colorado!
(Colorado Springs' "skyscrapers", because we have real, natural, beautiful skyscrapers. We don't need buildings.)


Mmm.

No comments: