So, obviously it's kind of late, but I just got home less than an hour ago, and I'm wondering something.
Why is it that, when everyone else is warm or at least comfortable indoors, I'm freezing - but when it's single digits or below outside, I can be walking around with a sweater and a fleece, no hat or gloves or anything, and not be that cold, when everyone else is walking around with heavy winter coats, hats, gloves, the whole nine yards, and they're all freezing? It doesn't make sense.
Also, I made it home tonight from Promenade Shops at Briargate, with snowy-ish roads, in ten minutes or just under ten minutes. That's a trip that would normally take probably a good twenty minutes. I guess it helps when it's midnight and roads aren't great and it's a Monday night so no one else is out, and I only had to stop once for a red light.
I went to a debate up in Boulder tonight between Christopher Hitchens and Dinesh D'Souza, a famous atheist and a famous Christian. Overall, I'd say it was pretty meh, because basically no one would be swayed to the other side based on what either were saying. Driving home, though, it struck me that I just feel really sad for Hitchens. And atheists in general. Sure, I don't have all the answers, and who knows, maybe I am wrong. But I'd certainly rather go through life mistakenly believing that there is a God when there's not, rather than the other way around. (Not that that's a reason to believe in God, obviously.) Having the worldview that Hitchens does is just sad to me. It's sad that people actually believe that. But they do, and some of them are great people, and...you know...yeah. Anyway.
The drive up to Boulder in the snow was really pretty. I really need to live more in the mountains. But not Boulder. I'd go crazy in Boulder.
For most of today I've had a majority of my hearing. It's been pretty nice, since it's been almost a week since I had that. Hopefully it's a good sign of things to come by the time Thursday rolls around.
And finally, I think I'm definitely trying to ignore or downplay or harden myself to certain things, and I don't know if it's good or bad. I'm in a weird place, and I want to come out of that place eventually. Or soon. You know, whatever.
Oh, and thanks to those of you who have been praying for me. I hate asking for prayers, but I really need them sometimes, and I'm sure they've been helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment