Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bye-bye, grammar

Now, I know I may be a bit more of a stickler for things like this than most people, but if you're going to put a HUGE logo/expression/saying on the back of your car, don't you want to make sure that it's correct so you don't look...unintelligent?

Driving around today, I was behind a car that said, in large letters on the back, "IF YOUR PASSING ME, YOUR GOING TOO FAST." Or something to that effect. I just couldn't believe it. I think they were those stick on letters, or something, so this person had done it himself.

I just had to shake my head and laugh. Spelling and correct grammar are quickly becoming lost arts.

1 comment:

Utilitymom4 said...

You have to give him some credit for using "too" correctly. It could have said "If your passing me, your going to fast." which has an entirely different meaning, doesn't it? :-)