Thursday, January 22, 2009

Heartbroken. Again.

Remember yesterday when I said I was feeling pretty at peace? And the other day when I said I don't have a whole lot here at this point to replace Notre Dame, except for Hazel?

Yeah.

Apparently God doesn't want me to have peace. Or Hazel.

She got hit by a car this morning, and died.

And I'm devastated.

She wasn't even ten months old yet. I hadn't even had her for eight full months. And she's gone already. My sweet Hazelnut.

I want her back.

I hasn't even been a year since we put down Kebbie. And now here I am again. This one almost hurts more because we had just started, you know? I had Kebbie for 15 years. And it was time to say goodbye. But Hazel? We still had years ahead of us. And now she's gone. And I don't know what to do; I don't know how to move on. Oh God this house feels so empty again. She was such a joy. Why did God have to let this happen?

She loved snow, and she barely got a chance to play in it. She loved walks and she should have had so many more to go on. She loved the dog park and should have had the chance to make more friends and chase more balls.

This isn't fair. I want my puppy back. I don't know what to do with myself. There will never be another dog like her. She was so great. So fun. So happy.

This is all just a nightmare, right? I'll wake up soon and find out it's not real.

Right?

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh my, I am so sorry! How horrible. You are in my prayers.