Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chronearcles

I went to the doctor today to see about my ear. It's really irritating (ha, EARitating) to wake up every morning with only half of my hearing. Poor George Bailey.

Anyway, so I made an appointment for the afternoon, and went instead of taking a lunch. The doctor I go to is about three minutes away from work, so it's convenient. I got there, filled out paperwork for new insurance, waited about five seconds, and they called me back. Got my weight (yay! I weigh less than I thought! By probably ten pounds!), went to the room, they took my blood pressure, and I waited a couple minutes for the doctor. She comes in, I tell her about the ear thing, she asks if I've been sick or had a cold (I haven't). Then she gets the thing to look in my ear, starts with the bad one, and says, "Oh, yep, it's the ear canal is completely blocked." Lovely. So is the other one. But I guess I have good timing, because they do ear flushing on Fridays, so she tells me to get this ear wax softening stuff and put that in both ears twice a day starting tonight and then make an appointment for Friday. Which I do. The whole thin had taken me about twenty minutes, from leaving work to getting out, so I went to the Walgreens across the street from work and pick up the drops. Cool.

I just put them in for the first time. I did the left side first, sat with my head tilted for a few minutes, then did the right. Had my head tilted the other way for a few minutes, and then I couldn't hear out of that ear anymore. Sigh. So for the last ten minutes, all I've been hearing out of my right ear is crackling. Which means I guess that it's working, but oh. my. gosh is this annoying. Every once in awhile, I the crackling gets a bit more intense, and then I can hear again. Until it closes up again. Sigh. I hope it's not like this until my appointment on Friday. I might just go crazy if that's the case. Oh, and if they can't get it all out on Friday, I have to go to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. If I have to go the rest of the week and a weekend or more like this, I will definitely go all sorts of crazy.

Gah. I might go crazy if I have put up with this during the day tomorrow, let alone tomorrow and Thursay and Friday. I don't think I can do it.

And, Facebook hasn't let me on all night. It's just not my day, I guess. Perhaps I should just go to bed. I don't have to hear anything when I'm asleep.

No comments: